CREAMY, CHEESY GOODNESS!!!
This recipe is SO GOOD! It is a perfect side dish for chilly weather! The original recipe I found on Pinterest was not Keto, so I made a couple easy adjustments and it turned out great!
Now I didn't really do exact measurements, but this will give you a good idea and you can use the original recipe if you want something more precise! I made two 8x8 pans instead of one 13x9 like the original recipe.
KETO CAULIFLOWER BACON AU GRATIN
STEP 1: BACON
- Make a pound of bacon, I bake mine at 400 until crispy
- Pull bacon out and reduce oven to 375
STEP 2: CAULIFLOWER
- While the bacon bakes, boil salted water in a pot
- Cut up one large head of cauliflower into florets (you could probably do a bit more if you have it)
- Put florets in boiling water for 3 minutes and then drain
STEP 3: SAUCE
- Add butter to pot used to boil cauliflower. They said 3 tablespoons, I say 4ish (because Keto;) - I used Kerrygold salted
- Then add flour, I used Almond Flour. I didn't really measure it, I just kind of kept sprinkling it into the melted butter, but it was probably about 5 or 6 tbsp
- Then I used Heavy Whipping Cream instead of milk. I had a little bit more than 1/2 of a small container left, so I just poured that in. Definitely less than 4c.
- Mixed all that together and then added 3 oversized handfuls of shredded Colby Jack (that's what I had, use whatever you want!)
- Then I added Nutmeg, Pink Salt and Black Pepper and mixed it all up
- Now add the chopped bacon and cauliflower florets and get it all mixed up! Should be gooey!
STEP 4: PUT IT IN THE PAN!
- I greased my pans with the bacon grease:)
- Then I put the gooey goodness in each pan, topped with a little more cheese and with some ground up pork rinds to act as breadcrumbs
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes until the top looks golden and starts browning.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes. I added a bit more s&p and some parsley before serving!
IT SMELLS SO GOOD!
Let it sit for a bit and cool down if you have self-control. My daughter did not, she was obsessed lol. I will definitely make this frequently this winter and I think it will be perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Super rich, could be a main dish for sure!
ENJOY! Photos were originally posted on my Instagram page