Breakfast quesadillas are a staple in my house because they are my daughter's favorite breakfast in the whole world. So this morning I decided to make myself a breakfast treat too, but use just 1 low carb quesadilla to make a breakfast pizza!
- 1 Low Carb Tortilla (I used Mission Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas, which are 4 net carbs per)
- 2 eggs (I used Vital Farms)
- 1 cup of Mexican blend cheese (maybe a little less cheese than this, up to you! I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 tbsp of Trader Joe's Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 slices of sliced Prosciutto (I used Trader Joe's Sliced Prosciutto)
- Tajin seasoning to taste
- Pink salt and pepper
- 1/2 an avocado
- Sour cream
- Heat olive oil in skillet and fry 2 eggs over medium high heat (I do mine sunny side up, but do yours however you like)
- Set eggs aside on a plate
- Crisp up prosciutto in left over oil from eggs
- Add a bit more oil and place tortilla down on skillet
- Layer cheese, Tajin, hollandaise sauce, prosciutto, then eggs, then a bit more cheese
- Cook until tortilla is crispy on bottom, then turn off heat but leave skillet on burner. Cover to allow cheese to fully melt.
- Accessorize with 1/2 an avocado and sour cream
From my calculations on the Carb Manager app, here are the macros for this breakfast pizza. Lots of calories, but lots of fat too. So it is up to you how you want to enjoy it, share it with a friend or use it as your big meal of the day! It is super filling! So if you eat 1/2 the pizza it is pretty much perfect macros for 1 meal!