My daughter is OBSESSED with the Keto cake that @livinglowcarbhighfat shared with me for her Ketogenic Tips & Tricks Interview on this blog! It is so delicious it is dangerous! So the other day I made it into mini cupcakes that my daughter and I can enjoy at my parent's house because they are what I call "Keto disasters" and have treats EVERYWHERE so I knew it would be necessary to have our own low carb treat to enjoy:)
Here is the recipe:
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (I used this Pure Pumpkin)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice, I used Truvia at 1/2 the amount)
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
At this point you can make muffins, one cake in a large loaf pan, or cook separated batter in individual well buttered mini loaf pans. The cooking time will vary for the different preparations, if you bake it altogether in a loaf pan, it will likely take at least 35 - 45 min.
Cooking temp: 350
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tbs butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice to taste
With the double batch of frosting + whole cake
54g net carbs / 54g of protein / 322g of fat / 3552 calories
Divided by 28 (I made 28 mini cupcakes)
1.9g of carbs / 1.9g of protein / 11.5g of fat / 126.8 calories