KETO FATHEAD PIZZA
In the Keto world you see people talking about Fathead Pizza all the time, but I am three months in and didn't try it until 2 days ago! I did try a cauliflower crust pizza one night, but it was kind of a fail so I wasn't in a rush to try another dough option, but I finally tried it and it is AWESOME!
Here are the ingredients for the dough:
- 1¾ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill almond meal/flour (or whichever you like)
- 2 TBSP cream cheese
- 1 cage-free brown egg
- +/- salt to taste
- ½-1 TSP of seasoning (I used fresh basil and parsley because that's what I had, but it could be rosemary or whatever you like)
These instructions and dough photo are from Ditch The Carbs with a couple small tweaks:
- Put the shredded cheese and cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute and then stir the mixture.
- Microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds, stir lightly again.
- Add the egg, salt, seasoning and almond meal/flour, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll into a circular pizza shape.
- Peel off the top sheet of parchment and place the dough and bottom piece of parchment onto a cookie sheet.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 425F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Then I flipped the dough over, put back in the oven for 1-2 minutes and then remove it to add the toppings.
The fun part! In my family we love Pepperoni and Green Olive pizza, it started when I was a kid and it is pretty much the only kind of pizza we ever eat! So here is how I topped mine, but get creative and use whatever you want!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese sprinkled all over
- Shaved parmesan cheese placed on top of the mozzarella
- Then I placed some chunks of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning on them (from a can), I didn't use the sauce just probably 10-12 chunks. Personally I don't like saucy pizza, but I did want some of that tomato flavor.
- Sliced olives
Then put the pizza back in the oven for about 5 minutes, just until the cheese melts. You should only put meat on the pizza that is already cooked because this step is super fast! Then I let it cool for a few minutes and then slice it up! To add even more fat and indulgence I dipped the pizza in Blue Cheese dressing:) YUM!
ENJOY! Photos were originally posted on my Instagram page