I am a total salmon addict, I had raw salmon today for lunch and then decided to make some more for dinner:) Salmon burgers are amazing! You can add so many flavors and it takes to seasoning so well! My daughter was obsessed with this! The sweetness added with the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend in the caramelized cauliflower is super unique! I hope you love it as much as we did!
This makes 2 servings
- 12 oz of ground salmon
- 4 slices of keto-friendly bread, I used the plain thin sliced bread from Great Low Carb Bread Company (you could also go bread-less of course and put burger on a bed of spinach)
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 oz of minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of ghee
- 1/2 tsp of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 1/4 cup of ground pork rinds to act as "breadcrumbs"
- 1 oz of mayo, I used Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 2 oz of sour cream
- Pink salt & pepper
- Heat the ghee in a skillet on medium heat until melted, then add 1/2 of the minced ginger and Truvia Brown Sugar Blend. Stir all together and cook for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and 1/4 cup of water, stir and then cover to steam the cauliflower for about 7 minutes.
- Then uncover, turn up heat to medium high and stir the cauliflower to get caramelization on all sides. Season with a little salt (pink salt of course).
- Mix curry powder, pork rind "breadcrumbs", mayo, other 1/2 of minced ginger, pink salt, pepper, and ground salmon together with your hands in a bowl. Don't over mix it, just mix until combined.
- Tip: you want to pat the ground salmon (or any fish/meat for that matter) with a paper towel to get the excess water out of it before adding it to the bowl.
- Make 2 patties out of the mixture. Then set burgers in fridge for 10 minutes, this helps them from falling apart when cooking.
- Heat up olive oil on skillet over medium heat, add burgers to hot pan and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes. On the second side I put a lid over the burgers for the last minute just to make sure they cook through.
Sour Cream / Cucumber Sauce
- Grate 1/2 a cucumber with a cheese grater into a bowl lined with a paper towel
- The paper towel is important! Keep reading:)
- Once all of the cucumber is grated, wrap in paper towel and squeeze all of the excess water into the bowl.
- Add cucumber to sour cream, and a tiny bit of salt. Mix together.
For final touches I toasted the bread in the skillet, and the assembled my plate!
- Divide cauliflower onto 2 plates
- Place burger on toasted bread
- Top burger with sour cream/cucumber sauce
- I also added some thinly sliced scallions on top, this is optional
From my calculations this meal has 10g net carbs per serving / 54g of protein / 56g of fat / 779 calories. I added tbsp of Brain Octane Oil which added 15g of fat.