Who doesn't love a burger?! Especially a burger stuffed with cheese! The combo of the beef and lamb with classic mediterranean flavors is a winner for sure!
- 12-16 oz of Ground Beef and Lamb mixture
- 2 oz of crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh mint, oregano, and 1 scallion
- 1/2 an English cucumber
- 3 oz of baby arugula
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of Sour Cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 oz of Simple Girl Sweet Mustard dressing (or you can make on with red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, pink salt and pepper)
- Olive oil
- Finely chop the mint and oregano (no stems!). Then thinly slice the scallion. Add herbs to a bowl with 1/2 an oz of dijon mustard, pink salt and pepper.
- Pat meat with paper towel to remove excess water and then add meat to bowl of herbs. Mix everything together and create 4 patties.
- Take feta and press into 2 patties, then put other 2 patties on top so cheese is in the middle. Pinch all the way around the edges of the burgers to combine and seal in cheese.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot sear 1 side of burgers until brown (about 4-5 minutes). Flip burgers and cover pan, cook 4-5 minutes more.
- While burgers are cooking mix sour cream, a little olive oil and some of the remaining feta together to create a sauce for the burger.
- Also slice the sun-dried tomatoes and cucumbers and toss with the arugula and any leftover feta. Toss with dressing.
- Then plate salad and top with burger and sour cream sauce.
This recipe is adapted from a Plated recipe! I tweaked it to make it Keto friendly.