I like chicken breaded with pork rinds a million times better than chicken breaded with real breadcrumbs. Pair it with a nice salad and you have a really quick, really easy, and really delicious meal!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 3 oz of Arugula
- 2 oz of grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 oz of prosciutto wrapped mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of ground pork rinds aka pork rind dust (I ground up Epic sea salt & pepper pork rinds in my food processor)
- 1 egg
- 1 oz of ground parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pink salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Pound chicken breasts with heavy mallet until it is about 1/4"-1/2" thick
- Prepare 2 separate prep plates, one with the coconut flour seasoned with cayenne pepper/pink salt/pepper/parmesan cheese. A second with the ground pork rinds. Whisk one egg in a small bowl.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Dredge chicken breasts in coconut flour mixture. Dip in egg. Dredge in pork rind mixture, pressing pork rinds into chicken so it sticks.
- Put chicken in hot skillet, cook until golden brown and crispy on each side, 3-5 minutes per side.
- While chicken is cooking, make the salad dressing and assemble the salad.
- Dressing is 1 part dijon mustard, 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts olive oil, whisk together and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss arugula in dressing, add grape tomatoes (cut in half) and mozzarella/prosciutto cut into small squares.
- Plate warm, crispy chicken on top of salad
To add a bit of extra fat to this I drizzled 1 tbsp of Bulletproof Brain Octane on top, which is 14g of extra fat.