I give Pinterest 100% of the credit for getting me obsessed with cooking! About 5 years ago I discovered Pinterest and ever since I have been hoarding recipes:) The inspiration for this dish is one of them!
Cauliflower is definitely a staple in a Keto diet. It is so versatile and at least for me is just as good as any potato.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into large pieces (I was cooking for 8, so you can 1/2 this if you want. Also I used 2 bags of Trader Joe's pre-cut cauliflower because I love a short cut;)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 TBSP of Kerrygold butter
- Pink salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP of Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP of Heavy Cream
- 1 pack of bacon, crumbled (you don't have to use a whole pack, but we're Keto so why not?! haha)
- Shredded cheese, colby jack / mexican / gruyere whatever you like
- Green Onions, finely chopped
- Boil a large pot of water, then place cauliflower pieces into boiling water. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain water from cauliflower, place on plate with paper towels to dry it.
- Add cauliflower to food processor with minced garlic, butter, s&p, sour cream, and heavy cream.
- Process for 1-2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl every once and awhile.
- Top with bacon crumbles, green onions and cheese.
- Serve mashed cauliflower while still warm!
I layered the cheese and bacon in the bowl so that pretty much every bite gets plenty. So I poured 1/2 of the mix in the bowl, added cheese and crumbled bacon, added the 2/3 and added cheese and crumbled bacon, and then finally put the rest in and topped with cheese, bacon and green onions.