Life is just better with cookies isn’t it?! Here’s my favorite recipe for puffy, chewy chocolate chip cookies. You can use any keto-friendly chocolate chip or chunks of super dark chocolate. You can also add nuts if you would like, chopped macadamia nuts are my favorite!
· ¼ cup unsalted butter
· 1 ¼ cups almond flour
· ¼ tsp salt
· ¼ cup erythritol
· ¼ tsp cream of tartar
· 1 large eff
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ¼ cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
3. In a saucepan or in the microwave, melt the butter. Place in a room-temperature container and let it set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool down.
4. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, erythritol, and cream of tartar. Stir to combine.
5. In a small bowl, combine the egg, vanilla, and cooled butter. Whisk together.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine everything together with a large spoon or rubber scraper, then fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Scoop out 2 to 3” mounds of cookie dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. I like to flatten mine a bit.
8. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack for an additional 15 minutes.
9. These will make puffy chocolate chip cookies with a chewy center. I absolutely love them cold, so I generally store in the refrigerator.