Mmmmmmmmm Peanut Butter + Chocolate is always a winner!
Typically I am not a big peanut butter person, but every once and awhile I get a craving for it and when I do I make these cookies! They are SO EASY and they're really delicious, I've even tasted them on my non-keto friends and they like them too!
I love them with and without chocolate chips, so I always make 1/2 a batch of each. The peanut butter, Swerve and egg are things I always have in my house. The chocolate chips I try to pick up everytime I go to Whole Foods, which is the only grocery store I am always able to find them at.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Add the peanut butter, sweetener and the egg to a bowl.
- Mix completely, I use hand mixer.
- Roll 1/2 the batter into 6-7 balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Add the chocolate chips to the rest of the batter and stir to combine.
- Roll that half of the batter into 6-7 balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Press down on each ball with a fork to make a cross pattern.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until nice and brown.
IMPORTANT TIP ON COOLING!
DO NOT try to transfer these cookies right after pulling them out of the oven, they need to cool or they will crumble. So leave them on the cookie sheet for about 20 minutes.
Then I carefully move them onto a plate with a spatula and place the plate in the fridge for another 20 minutes before eating.
A batch of peanut butter cookies calculates to about 35g of net carbs for the whole batch (measure you own since every peanut butter is slightly different). Divided by 14, that makes each cookie 2.5 net carbs.
The chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are 44 net carbs for the whole batch, so divided by 14 that is 3 net carbs.