The idea for a keto potluck came when I was chatting with my friend Yemeni and his lovely girlfriend Loumin, we both live in Hermosa Beach, so we decided to try to get a few other keto peeps together for some delicious keto food!
Our first ever keto potluck was so much fun! We invited a small group to gather on my outdoor patio, eat, drink, and chat about out keto stories! Yemeni and I are going to make this into a regular potluck series. So if you live in Los Angeles, hit us up to get added to the invite list!
The dishes I made for the potluck were Mississippi Pot Roast, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower, Cauliflower "Potato" Salad, Peanut Butter Cookies, and ChocZero dipped strawberries. I also provided the ingredients for adult keto root beer floats with Tito's vodka, heavy whipping cream, and Zevia cream soda and root beer.
Mississippi Pot Roast
This is by far one of the easiest dishes to make! I love a slow cooker meal, especially for a potluck because it cuts down on the work you have to do right before the guests arrive! I made 4lbs of meat since I wanted leftovers, so if you buy a 2lb chuck roast, you can 1/2 everything.
- 2- 2lb Chuck Roasts that I found at Target!
- 16 oz of butter
- 1 packet of Dry Ranch Dressing
- 1 packet of Aus Jus Gravy Mix
- 1 jar of Mezzetta Peperoncini
- Put the slow cooker on low.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the packets of dry ranch dressing and gravy mix over the meat.
- Place the sticks of butter on top of the meat and seasoning mixes.
- Add the peperonicinis (I don't add the liquid, just the peppers) all around the butter on top of the meat. There will be plenty of liquid from the meat and the butter, no water or broth is needed.
- Let it cook for 8 hours on low.
- Shred beef with 2 forks.
- Place shredded beef and peperoncinis in serving dish. Buttery liquid can be used as a gravy, I pour it into a separate container.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
The Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice paired great with the Mississippi Pot Roast! I found the recipe on Pinterest, you can link to the original HERE or I listed the ingredients from the wholesomelicious.com recipe down below. The only thing I changed is I used apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar and I purchased fresh pre-riced cauliflower from Whole Foods.
- 1 lb of cauliflower rice, the container I bought at Whole Foods was 1.25lb
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil, and saute onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant. Add cauliflower rice and continue to saute.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce: Add cilantro, vinegar, garlic, lime, cumin, and salt to your food processor or blender. While motor is running, add remaining oil. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce on top of cauliflower rice, and continue to mix until dressing is completely incorporated. Remove from heat and serve.
- Add fresh cilantro to the top of the rice and serve.
Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
You can literally use any potato salad recipe and just replace potatoes with roasted cauliflower. I roasted my cauliflower for about 30 minutes (I didn't time it exactly) at 400 degrees with olive oil drizzled over it and salt and pepper. Make sure not to add too much oil because you don't want soggy cauliflower. The cauliflower pieces should be bite size, so not huge florets but not tiny either.
In the potato salad below I added Primal Kitchen Mayo, chopped celery and pickles, paprika, garlic salt, and sliced hard boiled eggs.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
I posted the recipe for these super easy and super delicious cookies HERE. Just 3 ingredients and so yummy!
ChocZero Dipped Strawberries
The easiest addition to the pot luck was definitely these strawberries! I posted recently about these great new dipping cups from ChocZero. You heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and then dip away! I put them in the fridge and the chocolate hardened beautifully!
Adult Zevia Root Beer Floats
My new favorite keto cocktail is these creamy, delicious vodka drinks! It is also the easiest recipe I have ever had to write! The Zevia and vodka is delicious alone, but the heavy cream adds fat and a tasty creaminess. It gives you the ice cream feel, but without the carbs. You can also add a bit of vanilla extract if you want!
- Vodka (I used Tito's)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Zevia soda, I used Ginger Root Beer and Cream Soda
- Add equal parts of vodka and heavy whipping cream to glass with ice.
- Fill remainder with Zevia soda.
I wish I had photos of the delicious food everyone else brought, but it was super dark by the time the pot luck started, so unfortunately I don't have photos, but here is a list of the yumminess:
- Crispy salami with cream cheese and parsley
- Bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers
- Buffalo chicken dip with pork rinds
We'll be holding more keto potlucks in Los Angeles and I would encourage all of you to find some keto friends via social media and look to connect in the real world over delicious keto food!