If you have been following me for awhile you know that I like to bake my bacon, I cut it up into smaller pieces or buy the Trader Joe's Bacon Ends & Pieces and bake it at 400 until crispy. You can pile it on top of each other and then stir periodically and bake 2lbs at once which is a nice time saver.
One of the other things I love is that after you make the bacon you have this pan full of amazing bacon grease! So I always like to put the grease to good use and make something of course! Sometimes I do meat, but a lot of times I roast veggies in it, cauliflower being my favorite! It soaks up all the delicious bacon flavor which is absolutely delicious!
- Cauliflower florets
- A pan of bacon grease
- Slivered almonds (I have also used chopped, Marcona almonds, etc... so whatever you have)
- Capers (you could also use olives!)
- Doesn't get much easier than this! Throw cauliflower in Pan of bacon grease.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400
- Pull out and stir so all sides get bacon grease, add your accessories (in my case slivered almonds and capers) so they get toasty too
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Use slotted spoon to pull cauliflower mixture out of pan so you don't get too much grease with your meal