Burgers, goat cheese, and nice runny egg... what sounds better than that?! I love making stuffed burgers, I think it's so fun to mix it up and add the cheese from the inside instead of on top! Plus you can mix in a bunch of other surprises in there too! For this recipe I used goat cheese, because I had bought a bunch of it and thought it would pair well with some serrano peppers I had leftover from making a recent batch of my Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup. Then to plus that up I wanted to add some freshness, so an arugula salad with more goat cheese and slivered almonds, tossed in the super delicious Simple Girl Sweet Mustard dressing was the perfect addition. To bring it all home, a pasture-raised Vital Farms egg on top. Here's how to make it!
This makes 2 servings
- 16 oz of Ground beef (I used Grass-fed 80/20)
- 2 serrano peppers minced (I removed the seeds)
- 3 oz of goat cheese for the burgers plus maybe another 1 oz for the salad, I used the Silver Goat brand
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, or nut of your choice
- 1/2 oz of sliced black olives
- 5 oz of arugula, I used OrganicGirl Baby Arugula
- 1 oz of Simple Girl Sweet Mustard Dressing
- 2 eggs, I used Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs
- Pink salt and pepper
- Cooking fat (I used bacon grease left over from baking bacon)
- Preheat your grill pan over medium-high heat. I used the Le Creuset Cast-Iron Skinny Grill Pan
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mince serrano pepper, removing seeds unless you like that extra spice!
- Add Pink salt and pepper to your ground beef, mix and create 4 equal sized patties
- Combine 3 oz of goat cheese with the serrano pepper and divide into 2 servings and place on burger.
- Add other burger patty on top and pinch edges to create 2 fat, stuffed burgers! Get the edges as tight as you can, mine still "exploded" a little bit though:)
- Add oil to your pan, in my case- bacon grease
- Cook burgers 4-5 minutes per side
- While burgers are cooking assemble salad: arugula, crumbled goat cheese, slivered almonds, black olives, a little pink salt and pepper, and then toss in the sweet mustard dressing. Divide amongst 2 plates.
- Once burgers have cooked about 4 minutes per side, place grill pan into the oven. I covered mine loosely with tin foil, and baked them for about 10 minutes so they inside got done because these are super chubby burgers!
- While burgers bake fry 2 eggs over medium high on a skillet, again in bacon grease or whatever cooking oil you like
- Then it is time to eat! Place burgers on top of salad and then egg on top of that! Pink salt and pepper the egg.