MCT’s are a daily necessity for everyone living a Ketogenic Lifestyle. The energy and clarity gained by consuming MCT's is remarkable.
Since I started the ketogenic diet, I’ve been mixing MCT’s into my coffee, in my protein shakes, and sometimes with my evening tea. At first, I had to use it very sparingly. I noticed that anytime I consumed too much MCT oil, it would cause digestive issues. But I figured out that the problem was just with the kind of MCT I was using.
So What are MCTs?
MCT is short for medium chain triglyceride.
Due to the shorter fatty acid chain, MCT’s can be converted directly into energy and can be used as fuel for the brain much easier as compared to longer chained fats.
But not all MCT's are the same. To avoid stomach problems, I use Perfect Keto's MCT Oil Powder.
MCT Oil Powder is the powdered form of MCT Oil. It goes through a production process called spray drying. Unlike other MCT Oil Powders on the market, Perfect Keto makes sure that there aren't any fiber additives or corn starch included in their product. This means I don’t have to worry about any hidden sugars or carbs to kick me out of ketosis. Their product is 100% pure and each batch is lab tested.
I use Perfect Keto's MCT Oil Powder for baking and in my post-workout shakes.
For a post workout shake I like to:
- Add one to two servings of Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder into a shaker cup with protein powder.
- Immediately after exercising, I will add water to my shaker cup.
- Shake it up
- Enjoy my protein shake mixed with Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder right away.
I love to add MCT Powder to my protein because I feel that it helps me recover faster and gives me more energy to get on with my day after a hard workout.
I love that Perfect Keto MCT Powder:
- Adds creamy texture. The powdered form produces a creamy texture that adds a nice flavorful layer to protein shake.
- Is To-Go Friendly. I can carry my MCT Oil Powder with me wherever I go without stressing about spillage. Also, it’s much easier to measure a scoop of MCT Oil Powder as compared to the liquid form.
- Is easier to incorporate into solid foods. I can add MCT Oil Powder into a cake, brownie or other baking recipe without messing up the proportions.