This has to be one of the easiest recipes ever! I love making this one the weekends in a large 9x13 pan and then wrapping up pieces for my daughter to reheat on school mornings. You can also take this same recipe and use muffin tins instead for easy individual servings.
STEP 1: WILT THE SPINACH
- I use a about 16oz of organic Spinach, I have also used mixed greens before. Either way heat a pan with olive oil over low to medium low heat, pour in the spinach, add some s&p if you want, and then stir around and let Spinach cook until just wilted
STEP 2: GREASE THE PAN
- I have been using Fatworks Pork Lard lately to grease my pans, but you can use whatever you like! The last time I made this I used aluminum foil and greased that because egg sticks so bad! But then I was educated on the fact that I should use parchment paper because aluminum leaches into your food. So next time I will use parchment paper for sure!
STEP 3: ADD SPINACH AND CHEESE INTO PAN
- Now that your pan is greased put the spinach on the bottom layer. It doesn't matter if it covers the whole bottom because you will be mixing everything together at one point. Then put about 2 cups of shredded cheese on top. Use whatever kind you want, mozarella, mexican blend, etc... that is totally up to you! I have done many different combos.
- You can also add thinly sliced green onions at this point. I usually don't because I never have them.
STEP 4: MAKE THE EGG MIXTURE
- The recipe I originally based this off of uses 8 eggs, but usually I use 10, sometimes even 12. If 8 eggs is good, 12 is better;) So however many you decide to use, crack them into a bowl!
- Then I add a little HWC to the bowl of cracked eggs to get a little extra fat in there. About 3TBSP.
- Add seasoning into the bowl, I use Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper. I've also thrown some Tajin in there before too. But always pink salt and pepper.
- Now beat the eggs and HWC all together into a yummy, eggy mixture.
- Pour the mixture on top of your spinach and cheese in the pan.
STEP 5: MIX IT UP!
- Use a fork to swirl all of it together in the pan. This is why it doesn't really matter if your spinach covered the bottom of the pan! Keep stirring/swirling until everything is nicely combined
STEP 6: ACCESSORIZE!
- This is the point where I add a little extra yumminess on top. My favorite things to add are definitely pre-cooked bacon or prosciutto! Below are two different variations that I make often:
On the LEFT: Spinach, egg, Mexican cheese blend, pink salt, pepper, parsley and bacon. I almost always eat it with sour cream on top!
On the RIGHT: Spinach, egg, Mozzarella cheese, pink salt, pepper and parsley. Then I topped it with cubes of Brie and sliced up La Quercia prosciutto! Double cheese:)
ENJOY! Photos were originally posted on my Instagram page