This is the ultimate fall recipe! Perfect for Thanksgiving or a Friendsgiving potluck! I got the original recipe from Plated, but I tweaked it to make it Keto friendly. Butternut squash is a bit higher in carbs, at about 13 net carbs per 1 cup, but if you save some room in your macros I guarantee you won't regret it!
STEP 1: ROAST CUBED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SWISS CHARD STEMS
- Heat oven to 425
- Slice swiss chard stems into 1/2" slices, set leaves aside (1 big bunch of swiss chard. I have also used a bag of Kale once when my store didn't have swiss chard)
- Cube the butternut squash (I buy it pre-cubed from Trader Joe's and used 2 bags)
- Toss both in olive oil, sprinkle pink salt and pepper, roast for 10-15 minutes
STEP 2: SAUTE CHARD LEAVES
- While squash and stems roast heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium
- Add 1 clove of garlic minced and 1 shallot thinly slices into the hot oil, cook for 3 minutes or so
- Slice Swiss Chard leaves thinly and add into the pan, cook down until softened, also about 3 minutes and then add pink salt and pepper
- Turn off heat and add the roasted squash and stems into pan, then add 4oz of HWC, and 2oz of cheese (Gruyere is great, but I have also used Mexican blend in a pinch and it was good too!)
STEP 3: GREASE PAN AND ASSEMBLE
- Transfer everything from the pan into a greased baking dish
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of crushed pork rinds to act as breadcrumbs (I used the spicy ones, but it doesn't matter), 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese (or if you are like me just dump it on;), chopped thyme (or herb of your choice) and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix together and sprinkle on top of vegetable mixture.
- Cover gratin loosely with tin foil, bake for 5-7 minutes covered, then pull tin foil off and cook 5-7 minutes more until topping is crispy and bubbly!
Seriously this is so good! It tastes like Fall!
ENJOY! Photos were originally posted on my Instagram page