I've posted a few Keto Bread recipes on here now, all based off of my original standard Keto Bread Recipe! I love it so much that it's fun to play with new flavors and see where you can take it! This time I wanted to take it to a sweeter place with blueberries as the star! I LOVE blueberries and made some low carb blueberry pancakes over the holidays which made me think I could probably make a pretty delicious Keto Blueberry Bread!
It turned out great and I really like some of the additions I made to this one like sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract, more sweetener and blueberries of course! I also used Base Culture Almond Flour for the first time! I love this brand and their story, they are rooted in the paleo lifestyle but their Almond Flour and Almond Butters are great for Keto peeps too:) Their Almond Flour is made from raw, natural almonds. I love baking with Almond Flour because it is naturally packed with protein and is gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cup of Base Culture Almond Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter (I used Kerrygold Salted)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of Erythritol (you could add a little more if you want it sweeter, but I think this was a good balance for it to still be "bread" vs cake)
- A pinch of pink salt
- A couple pinches of ground cinnamon
- A dash of Vanilla Extract
- A heaping spoonful of sour cream
Put everything above in a bowl and use a mixer to blend until batter is smooth. Then pour into greased pan and put in oven.
- Fold in 8oz of blueberries with a spatula (you could add less if you aren't a blueberry addict like myself:)
Bake for 20-30min (or until toothpick comes out clean)**
** I have used 390 to make all of my bread, but today for whatever reason about half way through the top of my bread already looked really brown, even though the inside wasn't done. So I loosely covered the pan in foil and turned the oven down to 350. My oven had been on for awhile because I made something before the bread, so it is possible it was just too hot today. But keep an eye on yours and adjust if needed!
This was the break down for the original bread:
· 1629 calories per loaf
· 136 calories per slice (makes 12 slices)
· 13.7g carbs per loaf (1g carbs per slice)
· 148.8g fat per loaf (12.4g fat per slice)
· 59.8g protein per loaf (5g protein per slice)
So with 8oz of blueberries and some sour cream added I will try to do the math....
8oz of blueberries = 130 calories / 26.5 net carbs / .8g fat / 1.7g protein
Sour cream = 54 calories / .7g carbs / 5.7g fat / .5g protein
So we are adding about 2.2g of carbs per slice for a total of 3g of carbs per slice, not bad at all:)
ENJOY! Photos were originally posted on my Instagram page