I have been a fan of the Bulletproof brand ever since I went keto and discovered their LA coffee shops, but Bulletproof Labs is their coolest creation yet! I had the incredible opportunity of getting a personal tour by Amanda and Brandon from their team and getting to try out some of their futuristic, bio hacking equipment.
If you are in LA, you should definitely stop by and check out their equipment for yourself.
I tried a combination of Body and Mind Hacks while I was there:
+ Decrease inflammation
+ Enhance exercise recovery
+ Boost metabolism
+ Maximize endorphin rush & improve mood
+ Increase energy
+ Boost immune system function
+ Increase collagen production
+ Decrease Cellulite
+ Improved blood circulation to brain and body
+ Enhanced exercise recovery
+ Improves immune system function
+ Skin rejuvenation
+ Decrease inflammation and swelling
Atmospheric Cell Trainer
+ Enhance detoxification
+ Enhance recovery
+ Improve energy
+ Altitude acclimatization
+ Improve strength and endurance
+ Provides a complete body workout
+ Increase energy and reduce recovery
+ Detoxify immune Syste
Virtual Float Tank
Enhance learning and memory
+ Boost creativity
+ Decrease stress
+ Increase resilience
+ Improve mental and physical energy
+ Enhance meditation effectiveness
EEG Brain Trainer
+ Sharper memory and focused mental process
+ Increased creativity
+ Improved work/athletic performance
+ More calmness and balance in life
You can see a full list of their Hacks HERE.
I could spend the entire day at Bulletproof Labs or even move in! A Bulletproof Labs hotel sounds like the perfect restorative weekend for me;) So if you are in LA, you must go by and chat with the team and see everything they have to offer! I truly believe that 5 years from now every gym should be like Bulletproof Labs!
One of the questions I get all the time in my DMs on Instagram is "what can you drink at Starbucks when you are keto?!" So in this video I talk about keto friendly Starbucks drinks that I like to order!
There seems to be a lot of confusion about working out while on a ketogenic diet, so here I try to clarify that yes you can workout while on keto, but you need to pay special attention to your electrolytes and also allow your body to adjust to a new way of eating.
I have suffered from Psoriatic Arthritis and Psoriasis for almost 20 years. In fact, it was my desire to reduce the inflammation in my body which led me to the Keto lifestyle almost 2 years ago.
You can read more about my journey with both autoimmune disorders here.
Watch the full review!
A few things I noticed:
- I was starving when I took the Ketone Aid and soon after taking it my hunger went away! I ended up eating dinner about 4 hours after taking it.
- I would describe myself as an impatient person. This magnified my impatience. I felt like the entire world was moving in slow motion! My brain felt like it was firing like crazy, so the slowness of other people was super noticable!
- I did not feel jittery and there was not a crash. The feeling just slowly tapered off after 6 hours or so.
The idea for a keto potluck came when I was chatting with my friend Yemeni and his lovely girlfriend Loumin, we both live in Hermosa Beach, so we decided to try to get a few other keto peeps together for some delicious keto food!
Our first ever keto potluck was so much fun! We invited a small group to gather on my outdoor patio, eat, drink, and chat about out keto stories! Yemeni and I are going to make this into a regular potluck series. So if you live in Los Angeles, hit us up to get added to the invite list!
The dishes I made for the potluck were Mississippi Pot Roast, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower, Cauliflower "Potato" Salad, Peanut Butter Cookies, and ChocZero dipped strawberries. I also provided the ingredients for adult keto root beer floats with Tito's vodka, heavy whipping cream, and Zevia cream soda and root beer.
Mississippi Pot Roast
This is by far one of the easiest dishes to make! I love a slow cooker meal, especially for a potluck because it cuts down on the work you have to do right before the guests arrive! I made 4lbs of meat since I wanted leftovers, so if you buy a 2lb chuck roast, you can 1/2 everything.
- 2- 2lb Chuck Roasts that I found at Target!
- 16 oz of butter
- 1 packet of Dry Ranch Dressing
- 1 packet of Aus Jus Gravy Mix
- 1 jar of Mezzetta Peperoncini
- Put the slow cooker on low.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the packets of dry ranch dressing and gravy mix over the meat.
- Place the sticks of butter on top of the meat and seasoning mixes.
- Add the peperonicinis (I don't add the liquid, just the peppers) all around the butter on top of the meat. There will be plenty of liquid from the meat and the butter, no water or broth is needed.
- Let it cook for 8 hours on low.
- Shred beef with 2 forks.
- Place shredded beef and peperoncinis in serving dish. Buttery liquid can be used as a gravy, I pour it into a separate container.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
The Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice paired great with the Mississippi Pot Roast! I found the recipe on Pinterest, you can link to the original HERE or I listed the ingredients from the wholesomelicious.com recipe down below. The only thing I changed is I used apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar and I purchased fresh pre-riced cauliflower from Whole Foods.
- 1 lb of cauliflower rice, the container I bought at Whole Foods was 1.25lb
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil, and saute onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant. Add cauliflower rice and continue to saute.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce: Add cilantro, vinegar, garlic, lime, cumin, and salt to your food processor or blender. While motor is running, add remaining oil. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce on top of cauliflower rice, and continue to mix until dressing is completely incorporated. Remove from heat and serve.
- Add fresh cilantro to the top of the rice and serve.
Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
You can literally use any potato salad recipe and just replace potatoes with roasted cauliflower. I roasted my cauliflower for about 30 minutes (I didn't time it exactly) at 400 degrees with olive oil drizzled over it and salt and pepper. Make sure not to add too much oil because you don't want soggy cauliflower. The cauliflower pieces should be bite size, so not huge florets but not tiny either.
In the potato salad below I added Primal Kitchen Mayo, chopped celery and pickles, paprika, garlic salt, and sliced hard boiled eggs.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
I posted the recipe for these super easy and super delicious cookies HERE. Just 3 ingredients and so yummy!
ChocZero Dipped Strawberries
The easiest addition to the pot luck was definitely these strawberries! I posted recently about these great new dipping cups from ChocZero. You heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and then dip away! I put them in the fridge and the chocolate hardened beautifully!
Adult Zevia Root Beer Floats
My new favorite keto cocktail is these creamy, delicious vodka drinks! It is also the easiest recipe I have ever had to write! The Zevia and vodka is delicious alone, but the heavy cream adds fat and a tasty creaminess. It gives you the ice cream feel, but without the carbs. You can also add a bit of vanilla extract if you want!
- Vodka (I used Tito's)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Zevia soda, I used Ginger Root Beer and Cream Soda
- Add equal parts of vodka and heavy whipping cream to glass with ice.
- Fill remainder with Zevia soda.
I wish I had photos of the delicious food everyone else brought, but it was super dark by the time the pot luck started, so unfortunately I don't have photos, but here is a list of the yumminess:
- Crispy salami with cream cheese and parsley
- Bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers
- Buffalo chicken dip with pork rinds
We'll be holding more keto potlucks in Los Angeles and I would encourage all of you to find some keto friends via social media and look to connect in the real world over delicious keto food!
After a year and a half on Instagram, I finally decided to launch a Keto YouTube Channel! I'm excited to give you guys some more in-depth looks on my favorite keto recipes, products, and I am going to do some Q&As on my channel too!
For my first 2 videos, I kept it nice and simple and decided to do a video tour of my fridge and freezer and then another video showing my pantry and my "keto corner". I will do these every once and awhile because obviously what's in there is always changing!
I hope you enjoy the first 2 and please subscribe to my channel!