copy from Perfect Keto website...
WHAT IS KETO COLLAGEN?
Keto Collagen is a blend of MCT’s and collagen. These are some of the healthiest fats and proteins. The purpose is to give you great energy and recovery and make it convenient as well. A ketogenic diet can be difficult enough on its own, and we need to set ourselves up for success by making smart choices easily available.
THE PURPOSE OF MCT’S IN KETO COLLAGEN
Fat is an energy source for the body. That’s why we store it, and that’s why a ketogenic diet that uses primarily fat for fuel is so beneficial. Every single cell in our boides needs fat to function properly, and our brain is made up of predominantly fat.
Like most food, there are healthy and unhealthy types and sources. The purpose of MCT’s is to provide healthy fat energy for you to use as you wish.
MCT is short for Medium-Chain Triglyceride and they are a type of fat that is fantastic for your health and energy levels. Not only are MCT’s good, they are essential. This means we absolutely have to have them for normal growth, regeneration, and survival.
I like to picture MCT’s as Zeus’ trident – with three prongs and a long stake in the ground. The three “prongs” are glycerol molecules attached to the long “stake” portion, which is a chain of carbons. Short-chain fats have short “handles,” and longer chain fats have longer carbon “handles.” Here’s the point: The shorter the carbon chain, the easier/quicker it is for your body to break it into energy
Furthermore, when you are following a ketogenic diet, your body is breaking down fats into ketones for energy. So think of MCT’s as quick, clean fuel you will burn. Let’s recap on MCT benefits,
- Better Weight Loss – MCT’s are easily digested and have a thermogenic (energy-creating) effect, also known as “boosting your metabolism.”
- Better Energy – MCT’s are fast-acting source of energy. They break down into ketones which can then be used as fuel for your body.
- Better Digestion – MCT’s support our gut microbiome by combating harmful bacteria and parasites.
- Better Overall Health – MCT’s contain antioxidant properties which reduce internal inflammation which helps the performance of your heart, brain, and nervous system.
THE PURPOSE OF COLLAGEN IN KETO COLLAGEN
The word collagen still makes me think of botox at first, but it’s so much more than that. It’s one of the most popular supplements for a reason. The word collagen comes from greek roots that literally mean “glue-producing.” Collagen makes up 25% of our bodies protein content, and is helpful in soft-tissue repair. The purpose of collagen is to provide the best protein for the recovery and repair of your bodies tissue.
Collagen directly aids in:
- Energy production
- Building healthy DNA
- Detoxification and digestion
- Rebuilding joints, tendons, cartilage, skin, nails, hair, organs, etc.
- Collagen is a type of protein – 1 of over 10,000 in your body.
- In water, collagen breaks into gelatin. They are the same amino acids with a different chemical structure. Think of them as the same tool, but different packaging.
Most other animal-based protein powders can be inflammatory to many people. Casein and whey are known allergens and egg protein can be quite inflammatory. Collagen protein from grass-fed beef is made in the same way that bone broth is made, low and slow heating to preserve the nutrition.
HOW TO USE KETO COLLAGEN
Okay, this all sounds great but how exactly do I use Keto Collagen? There may be as many answers as people who use the product. A good place to start is asking yourself, considering this is made for providing healthy energy and recovery – “When could I use some good, convenient energy and recovery?” Here are some popular ways we see people using Keto Collagen.